[Mne_analysis] Noise covariance matrix

Denis A. Engemann denis-alexander.engemann at inria.fr
Thu Mar 26 17:27:18 EDT 2020

Hi Laura,

I’m not sure “totally wrong” is the right category.
I would rather  ask why you need to filter your evokeds at the evoked stage and
why you want to avoid filtering at the raw level.
Do you have scientific reasons to do this, related to the phenomenon of investigation?
If not, I would stick with a more standard pipeline.
It is likely that your problem will dissolve when just filtering at the the raw-stage.
If not, there may be something to understand about your data.
Btw., note that by performing Maxfilter, depending on whether you have used tSSS, you may have already substantially filtered your data in terms of frequency content.
So using the unfiltered covariance is not entirely implausible.
But perhaps you can do better.

Hope that helps,
Denis