[Mne_analysis] [ANN] MNE-Python 0.20

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Sat Mar 28 04:47:20 EDT 2020

Hi,

First we hope that you’re safe in these troubled times.

We are pleased to announce the new 0.20 release of MNE-Python (
https://mne.tools/ <https://mne.tools/stable/index.html>)

A few highlights

============

   -

   PyVista 0.24 is now available for 3D plotting (alternative to mayavi).
   This is a big step forward for source space data visualization that allows
   users to explore time interactively, pick vertices to view their time
   activation courses, (auto-)adjust color scales, etc. To use it, `pip
   install -U pyvista` and then in your Python script do
   `mne.viz.set_3d_backend(‘pyvista’)`. You should then be good to go: Simply
   plot your source-time course data via stc.plot(), and the improved
   interface should open automatically!
   -

   Automatic estimation of head motion from cHPI MEG coils in the mne.chpi
   namespace.
   -

   Automatic detection of bad (flat or overly noisy) MEG channels via the
   new find_bad_channels_maxwell function
   -

   New topography plotting code to take into account head position and deal
   properly with channel subsets
   -

   New function and tutorial for estimating source-power from covariance
   matrices using MNE (as commonly done with a beamformer).
   -

   Extensive improvements to the narrative documentation
   https://mne.tools/stable/auto_tutorials/index.html

Notable API changes

================

   -

   Sensors shown in relationship to a head circle, as in topomap plotting,
   are now systematically converted from their given physical locations. Using
   a static layout (such as those typically used with topo plots) has been
   deprecated.

For a full list of improvements and API changes, see:

https://mne.tools/stable/whats_new.html#version-0-20

To install the latest release the following command should do the job:

pip install --upgrade --user mne

As usual we welcome your bug reports, feature requests, critiques, and

contributions.

Some links:

- https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python (code + readme on how to install)

- <http://martinos.org/mne/stable/>https://mne.tools/
<https://mne.tools/stable/index.html> (full MNE documentation)

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mne_news

Stay safe and take care !

Regards,

The MNE-Python developers

People who contributed to this release (in alphabetical order):

   -

   Adam Li
   -

   Adonay Nunes