[Mne_analysis] average of M1 and M2 reference with brainvision files

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Sat Mar 28 05:13:01 EDT 2020

Hi,

to use an average of M1 and M2 you should pass a list containing the
M1 and M2 channel
names in the ref_channels parameter

see

https://mne.tools/stable/auto_tutorials/preprocessing/plot_55_setting_eeg_reference.html#setting-or-changing-the-reference-channel

where it is written:

# use average of mastoid channels as reference
# raw.set_eeg_reference(ref_channels=['M1', 'M2'])

Alex