[Mne_analysis] Time-frequency analysis, questions

Kirill Elin ekirling at gmail.com
Sun May 17 11:49:02 EDT 2020

Dear MNE users,
I am new to this field so I am sorry if the answer to my question is
obvious.
I need to do a time-frequency analysis and I am following this tutorial
https://mne.tools/dev/auto_examples/time_frequency/plot_source_label_time_frequency.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-time-frequency-plot-source-label-time-frequency-py
as I am interested in obtaining this sort of maps in certain labels.
However, the maps I am getting are definetely not normalized compared to
the examples (see my examples attached - lower than 10Hz).
1. What might be the reason for this?Is there something special I need to
do when computing inverse solution compared to typical evoked response
analysis? (I include only noise covariance there)
2. What is the recommend parameter here for baseline_mode (percent,
logration mean - is there any suggestion on what to use and when?)
3. In this tutorial and command source_induced_power, what is the method
used? Is it Morlet / Multitaper or something else? I found no information
on this in contrast to e.g. tfr_morlet commands used elsewhere?

Thank you in advance.
Sincerely yours,
Kirill Elin, PhD

 <https://mne.tools/dev/generated/mne.minimum_norm.source_induced_power.html#mne.minimum_norm.source_induced_power>