[Mne_analysis] Guide For The Selection of cwt_n_cycles {Disarmed}

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Tue Nov 17 02:53:07 EST 2020

hi,

well I can just share with you my rule of thumb. If you truly look for
oscillations
and not just evoked responses your time-frequency atom (wavelet) should have
at least 3 cycles. The more cycles the better the frequency resolution and
the worse
the time resolution. So it's always a trade-off and it depends on your data
and your question.

HTH
Alex