[Mne_analysis] Guide For The Selection of cwt_n_cycles

balandongiv at gmail.com balandongiv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 22:37:18 EST 2020

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the insight, it helps refine my search on the net.

I would like to confirm, say one is interested in finding the connectivity
between several channels within the frequency band between 1 to 5 Hz with
1Hz increment. Assume, the number of complex Morlet wavelet cycle is 3
(based on your rule of thumb). Does the value 3 represent the number of
cycles globally? Such that, in the spectral_connectivity module, the
parameter for cwt_n_cycles is set  equal to 3.

Or something that I found unlikely (i.e., cycle for each frequency) but
presented in the aforemention basic mne example. Such that, the  cwt_freqs =
np.arange(1, 5, 1), then the
cwt_n_cycles = cwt_freqs /3?

Regards
Rodney