[Mne_analysis] Time-resolved connectivity in source space with narrow time window of interest

Paul Dhami pdhami06 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:30:39 EDT 2020

Greetings MNE community,

I have an ERP dataset with 100 trials, with data epoched 1 second before
and 1 second around the event at time 0.

In sensor-space, I have conducted a time-frequency analysis using the
entire 2 second window length across trials with frequencies of interest
being between 4 - 45 Hz.

I then followed this tutorial to find wPLI connectivity, using F5 as my
channel of interest.
(
https://mne.tools/stable/auto_examples/connectivity/plot_cwt_sensor_connectivity.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-connectivity-plot-cwt-sensor-connectivity-py
)

However, my time window of interest in connectivity is shortly after the
event, specifically from 0.02 s to 0.08 s. Using this time window, and
comparing wPLI measures in a pre-post fashion, I have a statistical
significant effect between in the alpha band (9 - 12 Hz).

Ideally, I would like to know the source-level connectivity information of
this significant finding.

My question is, because of the narrow time window of interest, can wPLI
measures at the source level be calculated with time-resolved information?
Is what I'm hoping to do (or have done thus far) even appropriate?

Many thanks in advance.
Paul