[Mne_analysis] Mask-enabled plot_topomap for TFR's and plot_compare_evoked for TFR's

pooja prabhu prabhuppooja at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 08:23:10 EDT 2020

Hi Alex,

I am expecting to see something like the picture shown below, while we
use the plot_topomap for power (TFR). I want to see the significant sensors
highlighted. As per my knowledge, this is possible when we pass the
parameter "mask" which is not possible when we use plot_topomap on Power
(TFR).
Is there any way to plot only the significant sensors when we use
plot_topomap on TFR's?
[image: image.png]

Thank you for providing the alternate solution for the second question. It
would be nice, if there was a API to plot TFR's like we have for evoked
(plot_compare_evoked).

Thank You

hi Pooja,

I am trying to apply spatio-temporal clustering to the averaged TFR values.
>* I am following the same steps as shown in the example:
*>* https://mne.tools/stable/auto_tutorials/stats-sensor-space/plot_stats_spatio_temporal_cluster_sensors.html,
<https://mne.tools/stable/auto_tutorials/stats-sensor-space/plot_stats_spatio_temporal_cluster_sensors.html,>
*>* only difference is i am trying the steps on TFR's instead of evoked.
*>* I faced two difficulties during execution:
*>* 1.  When we do the plot_topomap for TFR's, there is no "mask" parameter,
*>* because of which I was unable to display the significant sensors only (like
*>* shown in the MNE example). Is there any way to plot only the significant
*>* sensors using plot_topomap when used on TFR's?
*>
I am not sure what you expect to see.

>* 2.  To plot the power (TFR's) pertaining to different conditions I used
*>* plot_compare-evoked, for which I created a dummy EvokedArray (using
*>* mne.EvokedArray) and placed the power data for each condition. Plot showed
*>* up the values in 1e15 range whereas the actual power values are in 1e-1
*>* range. Is there any way we can plot the power like we plot the evoked using
*>* the single function? Or am I doing something wrong?
*>
mne plot functions use the channel types to scale the data during plotting.

maybe you can write your own plotting function using just matplotlib?

Alex

>>* It will be of great help, if you can suggest to me the solution.
*>* Thank You
*>>* --
*>* Thank You
*>* Pooja Prabhu