[Mne_analysis] Editing BEM meshes (Blender) {Disarmed}

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:49:43 EDT 2020

The first image did not come through. But in the second (corrected) one, in
the lower left plot you can see the outer skull (yellow) surface come very
close to the outer skin (peach) surface. `plot_bem` by default only shows
some slices -- if you use mne Report to render the bem with `decim=1`
you'll get an interactive slider where you can see all slices. There are
probably some slices for which they do intersect. You can also plot them in
3D using `plot_alignment` with the `surfaces` argument, or use FreeView --
or there is probably a way to view them in Blender to see where they
intersect.

Could you slightly expand downward (and smooth -- it's quite jagged) the
outer skin surface in blender?

Eric