[Mne_analysis] conda upgrade error

Megan Schendel mschendel at mrn.org
Wed Sep 2 19:53:06 EDT 2020

HI all,
I'm wondering if this is an error because I already have things installed.
The dipy page says to uninstall dipy before installing using pip.
Are there separate instructions for upgrades?  I realized I'm trying to
follow install instructions.

>>> import dipy
>>> dipy.__file__
'/export/research/analysis/human/jstephen/shared/programs/python/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/dipy/__init__.py'

I also tried to do the upgrade after removing the dipy line from the .yml
file, but I got errors relating to PyQt
Collecting PyQt5>=5.10
  Using cached PyQt5-5.15.0.tar.gz (3.3 MB)
  Installing build dependencies: started
  Installing build dependencies: finished with status 'done'
  Getting requirements to build wheel: started
  Getting requirements to build wheel: finished with status 'done'
    Preparing wheel metadata: started
    Preparing wheel metadata: finished with status 'error'

I may have more details on the error tomorrow. I lost my connection to the
remote server I'm working on.

Thanks,
Megan
MEG Technician