[Mne_analysis] [ANN] MNE-Python online office hours

Dan McCloy dan at mccloy.info
Tue Jan 12 16:52:10 EST 2021

Starting this month, MNE-Python core developers will begin holding office hours on Discord! The first office hour will be Friday 22 January at 16:00 UTC (click for local time based on your IP address). We’re still working out the details, but we hope to hold office hours approximately every two weeks. If it goes well, we expect to use Discord to host a virtual code sprint in the near future (stay tuned for details on that).

If you’re not familiar, Discord provides real-time text channels (like Slack or Gitter) and also has drop-in audio/video channels so it’s easy to quickly share screens or talk in real-time to speed up debugging, do some pair-programming, or save you from pasting a long error traceback into the text thread.

Joining the MNE-Python Discord server requires a Discord account that has completed the email verification step, so if you want to participate it’s a good idea to set up your account in advance of the office hours time. Here is the invite link for our server; when you join, be sure to check out the “rules” channel to remind yourself about our Code of Conduct, which will apply there too.

-- dan
Daniel McCloy
https://secure-web.cisco.com/16UbKictqgXyhFSuK9jrkrTOSD3Q7irgwxVRWt_10gQgy9XCd7YHUHIPW00AbrfowcJnCacr6igayYh2imBERKK0a8pP8_sYaNHTpUqfMLgN_B1H4RrDdZ5VKw_4Yoq2DpZ83cYYRJvET-0kG1JJ2Nk6gJ3fxYFF1iLa3MJxyoNTStwdtJ2axY8yvotGb-ptONTUnVswzrKmcVZX44WJdF-LFSZsYWWCtuVW2eGnC64LIkpqfMN9TBSKOvW4-zMmE_1M-9w8Q0HvmUG4bia3l5w/https%3A%2F%2Fdan.mccloy.info
Research Scientist
Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences
University of Washington