[Homer-users] Oxy-Hb and DeOxy-Hb

thuppert thuppert at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 5 13:23:13 EDT 2005

Those files are huge (480 src-det channels?).  Anyway...the structure of the
files is:

<time pts><channel number><[HbO HbR HbT]>

So the time trace for (i.e.) channel #1 for HbO2 is Avg(:,1,1) and for HbT
is Avg(:,1,3);
The channel # is referenced by the MeasurementList (i.e. the original ml
variable loaded with the file).  Its also in DOT.dataAvg.MeasList.

At the HomER interface it should let you look at the average traces for any
of the wavelengths (selected by the wavelength=? pull-down menu) or any
(all) of the Hb concentrations (by selecting to display conc and then
checking HbO,HbR, and/or HbT from the options on the pull-down menu at the
top).  If you right-click on the display window, it should let you save what
is being displayed as well (I don't let conc be saved to ASCII (only dOD) in
that version cause its 3-Dimensional, but all can be saved to *.mat files).
There is always a time-vector saved in those files as well.

*********************
Homer calculates the average response functions seperately for dOD and
dConc.  It really doesn't matter if I calculate dConc from dOD and then
average or average and then calculate conc.  They are both linear
operations, but HomER currently does the former.  Once the PCA analysis is
added dConc, then there is a potential for these two traces to differ (in
the next release).

Ted Huppert, M.Sc.

PhD student-Harvard Univ.
Dept of Biophysics