[Homer-users] Deconvolution

Margaret Duff mduff at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 1 17:20:16 EST 2005

hi ted,  thanks for those materials.  as i was going over them, i
realized a big potential problem in our analysis and i was hoping you(or
anyone else reading this list) had some thoughts on it.  we have an event
related auditory task consisting of 3 tones of different frequencies.  i
used optseq to maximize the design placement of the 3 tones and when we
have been deconvolving our averages, we would only input the time points
for a certain frequency.  since homer only has one window to input a
stimulus train, it did not know that other events were happening within
the time series that were different frequencies.  since these other events
could affect the waveforms of our desired frequency, how would we
deconvolve taking all the different events into account, yet only
displaying the frequency of interest?  in fMRI analyses, which i suppose
this deconvolution method is based on, you would input all your stimulus types
and onset times, then chose which you would like to contrast and display.
does homer do anything similar to this?  thanks for all your help and
suggestions, margaret