[Homer-users] averaging and LPF

Shaun Ali soali at ucalgary.ca
Mon May 2 17:03:17 EDT 2005

Hi Ted,

I've got a question regarding averaging and stim bars.  I've been placing the stim bars at the beginning of each stimuli and then doing the averaging as follows:

_15s_|--5s---__15s__
rest   |stim    rest

15 second rest, 5 second stimulus time and then a 15s rest.  I set my averaging bars at the stim start time and then my pretime at ~5s and post time of 15s.  Is this the way I'm supposed to be doing it or am I averaging about the wrong point?

I'm also wondering if gating to the heartbeat has been done and if it's feasible as opposed to just recording data and using the LPF?  Thanks!

Shaun