[Homer-users] problem

thuppert at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu thuppert at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 15 20:42:46 EST 2006

Chengyu-

The first thing I can think of is if the installation did not finish
completely.

You probably did the following steps:

1)  Clicking the HomERSetup.exe function launches the unzip program that
unpacks the Homer.exe and places an icon on the desktop.

2)  The last screen in the Setup program prompts you to install the
MatlabMCR program.  (its a check box on the bottom, default=checked).

3)  When the setup program finishes, it should launch the install program
for the MatlabMCR.  This is something Mathworks developed.  Its anouther
setup wizard.  Alternatively, the setup for this can be run by clicking
the program MCRInstaller.exe that should now be in the Homer directory
(the one you just unpacked).

4)  Verify that this program installs through to completion.  If not, you
can uninstall the MatlabMCR (Windows: Start/Control Panel/Add or Remove
Programs) and try to install this again.  The MatlabMCR is a program from
Mathworks, I have not had troubles with it before, but it sounds like this
is the problem here.  The file "mclmcrrt71.dll" is something that the MCR
should create.

Let me know if this works-

Ted Huppert, M.Sc.

thuppert at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu