[Homer-users] problem

thuppert at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu thuppert at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 15 21:06:21 EST 2006

This is a follow-up to the problem/solution posed in the previous email.

The error "this application has failled to start because
mclmcrrt71.dll was not found" is a problem, which has been documented by
Mathworks tech support.   Follow the link:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-1IW46N.html?solution=1-1IW46N

This problem could be related to situation 2 (as noted in the tech
document).  I compiled with MATLAB Compiler 4.1 (R14SP1), it is possible
if Homer was installed on a computer with a newer version of matlab 7.0,
that this might be causing problems.  (They are already on service pack 3
since the release last year).

If uninstalling (and reinstalling) the MCR doesn't work, try changing the
path variable as noted in the tech support document.

-Ted