[Homer-users] fiber NA

Bryan McLaughlin bm304 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 06:09:35 EDT 2007

Has anyone altered the fiber NA (numerical aperture) values to any value not
equal to 1 in TMCIMG and had it work correctly?  Can anyone verify if
changing the NA value works correctly or not?  The comments in the source
code claim it is "buggy."

I am trying to simulate miniature fiber probes using TMCIMG with small
source-detector distances.  In particular, I want to write an algorithm in
python that will call this using Newton's method to extract the absorption
and scattering coefficients from a measured data trace.

If not, does anyone know of an easy way in TMCIMG to include the numerical
aperture of the fibers?  I have done some crude tests.  If the NA is
altered, it appears to make a difference in the received photons for some
test cases-though I am not sure if they are correct.

Thanks

Bryan

Bryan McLaughlin
PhD Candidate