[Homer-users] Re: installing updates

Huppert, Ted huppertt at upmc.edu
Mon Aug 25 11:41:19 EDT 2008

Eric-

Did the original version work when you first installed it?  You may notice that whenever you run a compiled matlab function, the first time you run it creates a folder called "###_mcr" (e.g. HOMER_mcr).  This is the unpacked binary-ish code that the runtime component uses.  The first time you run homer it takes a while to unpack this folder.  If you change the code (e.g. use a newer *.exe file), you should delete this folder so that it gets recreated.  See if this is the problem.  Otherwise, maybe the runtime component didn't install properly.  (It should have taken you through a bunch of Matlab screens.  The Runtime component is a matlab product and not anything I take credit for).

-Ted