[Homer-users] Homer2 Developers Version

David Boas dboas at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 12 20:38:19 EST 2012

Releases of Homer2 are updated every 4 months or longer, but the
Developer's version is always updated.

The developer's version of Homer2 can be obtained at
orbit.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu using the Current Version System access. This
is the source code repository that the developers are using to
constantly update the code. By setting up the CVS download using one of
the procedures indicated below, you will be able to easily update your
current version of Homer2 at any time, rather than waiting for official
releases.

In linux, the command line access is with
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at orbit.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu:/cvsroot/homer
checkout HOMER2

In Windows, there are several CVS clients available. One that we have
used is TortoiseCVS.
http://www.tortoisecvs.org/

On the Mac, also, there are several CVS clients available. One that we
have used is SmartCVS.
http://www.syntevo.com/smartcvs/index.html

Note that these are free CVS clients. They may indicate that you have to
pay for the full version, but the less functional free versions are
perfectly sufficient to maintain easy updates of Homer2.

David