[Homer-users] Homer II Questions

David Boas dboas at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 12 09:51:47 EDT 2012

Dear Rachel,

I may not have enough information to answer your questions.

Your first question is about stim marks (or stim condition names/labels)
across different files in a folder. If the same label is used for stim
marks in different files, even if in different orders, then those trials
will be averaged together in the group average. I think this answers
your question. Through the stimGUI, you can change the labels for
different stim marks. Maybe this is the piece of information that is
missing for you. If you load the nirs files, I believe there is a
variable called CondName that will tell you the order of the stim
conditions in the s matrix and the order of the results in the procResult.

For your second question, it sounds like you want to look at group
results. Within the GUI, there are radio buttons for choosing whether
you look at the results for a run, a session, or a group. If you choose
run, you will only see results for that run, etc.

But your questions also indicate that you are looking at the variable
procResult that appears in the NIRS files and in the groupResults.mat
file. The procResult in the NIRS files will only have the results for
each corresponding file. To observe the session and group results, you
need to load groupResult.mat into matlab. This is not a Microsoft Access
File. This is a matlab file, just like the nirs files. groupResults
contains a structure called group, which has a field group. procResult
which has the group results for you.

I hope this helps.

David