[Homer-users] Block averaging

Eugenio Parise eugenioparise at tiscali.it
Tue Feb 12 08:33:41 EST 2013

Dear Homer2 community,

I am new to Homer and relatively new to NIRS.

I do not understand the following. I am able to process my file with Homer2 (v 1.3). What I get (concentration of Oxy) is displayed in the attached figures (Time course.eps and Time course + Stim.eps, this second plot just showing the stimuli onset and offset). What I get looks good to me and it is congruent to what I was getting with other softwares. However when I look at the block average (Average.eps) I really do not understand what is going on. Namely I do not see how is it possible to get such an average curve from that time course. To me that does not look as an average coming from my concentration data.
Can you please help me to understand? What does Homer2 does when computing and/or plotting the block average?

Thank you!
Eugenio

Eugenio Parise, Ph.D.
Cognitive Development Center - Central European University
Hattyú utca 14, 1015 Budapest, Hungary
Phone: +36 1 88 333 41
Mobile: +36 70 225 5020
Fax:     +36 1 88 333 48