[Homer-users] Probabilistic Spatial Resgistration

Maria Arredondo mmarre at umich.edu
Mon Feb 18 00:02:52 EST 2013

Hi all,
To further extend this thread...
I was wondering if anyone knows how to (or what program to use) to get
reliable MNI coordinates when using a MRI scan.
We scanned someone in the MRI using Vitamin E capsules on our cap, but
currently we are unsure on how to convert the Vitamin E capsules to MNI
coordinates. What program do you use to normalize and reliably project down
into the brain the capsules? And how do you do it?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
-Maria

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Simone Cutini <simone.cutini at unipd.it>wrote:

>  Hi Drew,
> you might also check the Münster T2T-Converter:
> http://wwwneuro03.uni-muenster.de/ger/t2tconv/
> Basically, it allows to obtain the MNI coordinates from 10-20 measurements
> (and viceversa).
> This is the link to the 3D app:
> http://wwwneuro03.uni-muenster.de/ger/t2tconv/conv3d.html
> Note that the results are slightly different from those observed in other
> studies on cranio-cerebral correlation.
>
> Simone
>

>  Hi Austin,
>
>  Thanks for your reply.  I had indeed seen those slides from Ippeida Dan,
> but had glazed over the MNI table -- Thanks!  I guess it would be fairly
> straight forward to put together a spreadsheet that computes 10-20 based on
> distance measurements.
>
>  Cheers,
> Drew
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM, austin1 <astoudenmire at earthlink.net>wrote:
>
>>  Drew
>>

>> Dunno if you've seen this site:
>>
>> http://www.jichi.ac.jp/brainlab/download/fNIRS_Course_Dan.pdf
>>
>> but it might help some.
>>
>> Also, to compute 10-20 sites from distances (nasion-inion, etc.), it
>> would just be a matter of percents from one to the other.
>>
>> Then the reference above gives a chart on one of the slides that shows
>> 10-20 to MNI conversion.
>>
>> Is this something on the order of what you're looking for?
>>

>> Austin

Maria M. Arredondo
Doctoral Student, Developmental Psychology
University of Michigan
530 Church Street, 2036 East Hall
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1043
Office: 734-936-3188