[Homer-users] Questions about Homer2 developer version and AtlasViewerGui

David Boas dboas at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 4 18:16:27 EST 2013

It looks like you are trying to do a CVS update as jdubb rather than as
an anonymous user. As jdubb, you would need his password.

I am not exactly sure how you set up your CVS.

Here are the instructions from the web site. Please set up your CVS
again following these instructions and checkout a new version of HOMER2
to a new directory. Once you get the checkout right, it should give you
all the files you need for AtlasViewer.

The developer's version of Homer2 can be obtained at
orbit.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu using the Current Version System access. This
is the source code repository that the developers are using to
constantly update the code. By setting up the CVS download using one of
the procedures indicated below, you will be able to easily update your
current version of Homer2 at any time, rather than waiting for official
releases.
In linux, the command line access is with
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at orbit.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu:/cvsroot/homer
checkout HOMER2

(Note that all of the above command, from "cvs" to "HOMER2," needs to
appear on one line)

In Windows, there are several CVS clients available. One that we have
used is TortoiseCVS. And we have also used SmartCVS.

On the Mac, also, there are several CVS clients available. One that we
have used is SmartCVS.

Note that these are free CVS clients. They may indicate that you have to
pay for the full version, but the less functional free versions are
perfectly sufficient to maintain easy updates of Homer2.