[Homer-users] Group Means Output

Amanda Kelly adkelly at uvic.ca
Tue Mar 12 19:07:37 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Has anybody exported group means from Homer into a text/Excel file? I have
a quick question about the format of that data.

I understand how the file is set up, but am not sure how labels are
assigned to the channels (i.e., source-detector pairs).

In my output, the following 5 channels are listed: 1,2; 2,3; 3,5; 3,8;
4,7. Then this set is repeated again, giving a total of 10 channels. I
assume that the first number is for a detector and the second for a
source, since our probe array has 4 detectors and 8 sources.

In total, our probe array has 10 channels like so. (A and B are on the
left side of the head, C and D on the right.)

Detector A (1): sources 1, 2
Detector B (2): sources 2, 3, 4
Detector C (3): sources 5, 6, 8
Detector D (4): sources 6, 7

Therefore, it would make sense to me that the channels would be listed as:
1,1; 1,2; 2,2; 2,3; 2,4; 3,5; 3,6; 3,8; 4,6; 4,7.

Any ideas as to why my channels appear the way they do in the group means
output? Particularly why the same 5 are given twice. In the mean response
section of the file, the concentration values under identically-labelled
cells (e.g. HbO,1,2) are not the same.

Any/all thoughts appreciated!

Thank you,

Amanda