[Homer-users] Problem in using PCA Filter

David Boas dboas at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sun Mar 17 13:07:51 EDT 2013

What is the input that you put in for the nSV for the PCA options?

The input for nSV should be an integer n, where n is typically 1, 2, or
3 and must be less than or equal to the total number of data channels
that you have. nSV can also be a number less than 1 in which case the
PCA will remove just enough components from the data to remove less than
n*100 % of the variance in the data.

For motion correction, you only need to enter one number for nSV and
this tells the PCA filter to apply it to all channels at the same time.

 From the error that you are reporting, it seems like you have not
entered a valid number for nSV.