[Homer-users] AtlasViewer Help for Prefrontal Cortex NIRS Headband

Michael Cannizzaro mcannizz at uvm.edu
Wed Oct 30 13:13:43 EDT 2013

Dear Meryem,

Thank you so very much, your suggestions were extremely helpful. After many hours of work yesterday and today, I have made a lot of progress and think I am quite close (see figures & .sd file below).  These are what I imagined in terms of placement and localization, but I would like to fine tune a bit and continue to get stuck (unexpected results) when I try to tweak the model.

First, I would like the #4 source optode to be more centered in the surrounding detector field, like the #1 source is on the other side.

Second, I feel that the connecting lines are a good fit for some source detector pairs (black lines) but others are not as good. Do you have any suggestions as to small fine tuning type adjustments that will not distort the model but create closer pairings?

At this point the dynamics and physics of the system are still somewhat mysterious to me. I often find that small  and symmetrical changes can produce very distorted and unexpected results. So, any help from you or the users group is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

MIKE

Michael S. Cannizzaro, Ph.D., CCC-SLP

Associate Professor

University of Vermont
Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders - Graduate Program Coordinator
Undergraduate Neuroscience Program
401 Pomeroy Hall
489 Main Street
Burlington, VT 05405