[Homer-users] Losing stimulus marks in ETG to .nirs conversion

Rando, Kenneth kenneth.rando at yale.edu
Mon Jul 28 15:05:23 EDT 2014

Hello Homer2 Users,

I am attempting to create my first analysis of patients and controls using Homer2. We collect data using the Hitachi ETG-4000. I converted the measurement (MES) file to a .nirs file using Hitachi_2_Homer_single_v2.m as we only use one 3x5 optode array. When I look at stimGUI inder tools, I see no blue lines marking the stimuli. I examined the .nirs file in Matlab and compared it to the .csv measurement file. The stimulus marks in the .csv file ar not reproduced in the .nirs file. The s variable is all zeros.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have one more question related to the stimulus marks. The ETG-4000 marks the beginning and end of a stimulus presentation. However, a series of postings ending February 12, 2013 says "your stimulus vector s should have 1's at the onset, not throughout." Do I want to remove the offset mark? Note that to rule out the possibility that my problem results from the file containing both an onset and offset mark, I tried converting the data and creating an analysis with the offset mark removed. The .nirs file still contains only zeros.

Thanks very much.

Ken

Kenneth Rando
Research Assistant 2