[Homer-users] Losing stimulus marks in ETG to .nirs conversion

Cooper, Robert robert.cooper at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 29 05:16:57 EDT 2014

Hi Ken,

If your s-vector is all zeros, it is likely that your conversion script (from Hitachi to .nirs) is failing. I recommend you check through that script, find the point where the stimulus marks are extracted from the .csv and see if you can determine why they are not successfully being assigned to the s-vector.

Regarding off-set marks: yes, you do want to remove them. Homer2 treats every value of 1 in the s vector as the onset of a stimulus. The length of the stimulus is dictated in Homer2 by the t-range variables in the block average or deconvolution functions.

Hope this helps,

Rob Cooper

Rob J Cooper PhD.
Research Associate
Biomedical Optics Research Laboratory
Malet Place Engineering Building, Rm 3.18
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT
T: [X] +44 (0)20 7679 0275