[Homer-users] Unit of measured data

David Boas dboas at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 30 05:10:35 EDT 2014

1) nothing is needed in the aux field. I can't recall at the moment if
it is required. If it is, you can simply set it as a vector of zeros
with the same length as the time vector t.

2) d has arbitrary units. what ever you want. In homer this is converted
to optical density changes which is unitless.

3) userdata is set up internally in homer by the stimGUI. no need for a
general user to be setting or changing these fields. further, these
fields are not required.

4) those fields of SD are not required.

On 7/29/14, 7:50 AM, Pankaj Gupta wrote:
> Hi all, I am new to Homer and I am trying to convert NIRS data
> (recorded using device by Shimadzu corp.) to Homer-nirs format. But it
> is unclear that-
>
> 1) What goes in 'aux' field.
> 2) what is the measuring unit of raw data in 'd'  (eg. volts or
> micro-volts etc.)
> 3) Purpose of fields in 'userdata' are hard to understand.
> 4) In sample data at
> http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/ext/optics/resources/homer2/SampleData.zip
> , fields SD.xmin, SD.xmax, SD.ymin, SD.ymax have what purpose ?
>
> It would be nice if anyone who is expert in this could help me with this.
>
> Regards
> Pankaj

fNIRS 2014 Conference in Montreal Oct 10-12, 2014
The conference is preceded by a one day educational workshop.
Abstract Deadline Extended to June 23, 2014
see http://fnirs2014.org for more details