[Homer-users] Atlas Viewer using 10-20

Drew Halliday d.halliday at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 21 18:45:18 EDT 2014

Hi Homer2 Users,

I am using AtlasViewer GUI to register an array to the atlas, based on
10-20 landmarks.  Although this is covered at the end of the March 4, 2013
training video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1jtsIEVHMY), several steps
remain unclear to me, and I am seeking clarification.  I have tried this
approach using both a UCL NTS system (and calling the separate SD file),
and a TechEn system (calling the .nirs file in its totality).

When adding springs after calling the SD file, I am unable to manipulate
the opt# variable under the Dummy Optodes menu.  I am able to manipulate
the x and y coordinates, but not the optode #.  I am also able to define
what I believe is the measurement list (i.e., the "Springs" menu, with
opt1, opt2 and length).  With the Anchor Points menu, I am able to
manipulate the opt# variable, but the ref pt variable will only tolerate
certain 10-20 points (e.g., F3 & F4, but not F1 or F2). The springs do not
show up like in the video, even after clicking add springs (see attached
screenshot).  All of these steps appear to have already been completed in
the training video.  Pushing through to the registration step, the probe
does appear in the GUI, but is not localised over the 10-20 reference
points I specify (see attached screenshot).

If anyone has thoughts regarding why the "springs" don't show up, and why,
after specifying 4, 10-20 anchor points the probe is not repositioned,
please let me know!

Thanks,
Drew

--