[Homer-users] Stim exclude

Perdue, Katherine Katherine.Perdue at childrens.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 31 18:27:28 EDT 2014

Hi Janny,

The Stim_exclude function is setting a time to exclude around a motion artifact on a trial basis, not over a run. The parameters define how close a motion artifact is allowed to be to your trigger and still have that trial included. Homer goes through and automatically labels the motion artifacts, and determines if any of them are close enough to a trigger to require the removal of that trial. So the times in tRange are not times over the whole run, but rather times relative to each trigger. This is why t1 has a suggested value that is negative.

best,
Katherine

Katherine Perdue, PhD
Research Fellow in Pediatrics