[Homer-users] possible error in hmrOD2Conc using cm as SpatialUnit

Karl-Heinz Untch karlheinz at untch-web.de
Mon May 12 04:12:04 EDT 2014

Good morning,

I encountered an error which took me quite a lot of time to get behind it and maybe there are also others who have the same problem, so I want to report it here.
When using the OD2Conc conversion, the inversion of the extinction coefficients e in hmrOD2Conc won't succeed if the SpatialUnit is set to 'cm', since the Variable e returned by the GetExtinctions function returns a 2x5 matrix (using 2 wavelengths), which is then pruned to a 2x2 matrix before the inversion, but only if the Spatial Unit is set to mm (or not specified).

I suggest adding a further elseif-option in hmrOD2Conc line 43 with these lines
elseif strcmpi(SD.SpatialUnit,'cm')
e = e(:,1:2) ;

Best regards from Frankfurt/Germany,
Karl-Heinz