[Homer-users] fNIRS data

David Boas dboas at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue May 27 09:19:12 EDT 2014

This is really great that people are making datasets publically available.

The NIH in the US has funded a Neuro-Informatics Tools and Resource
Clearinghouse (NITRC) at nitrc.org to help share such resources. I
strongly encourage those sharing data to consider posting their data at
nitrc.org. It is straight-forward to do and allows you to log who is
downloading the data (as required by many ethics committees). You can
also tag it with domain "optical imaging" and resource "data" to make it
easy for others to find. I will also put links to the data from the
homer web site at homer-fnirs.org and also from homer at NTIRC. I am
also happy to help guide anyone through posting a resource at NITRC as
well.

My group will start posting our data there soon. In the mean time, you
can download sample Homer data files from
http://homer-fnirs.org/documentation/#tutorials.

A group of us are also very close to finishing SNIRF (shared near
infrared data format). The specification is done
(http://fnirs.org/snirf/), but we hit a snag in defining the format of
how the data was written in the file. I think we have overcome that
hurdle and hope to finalize SNIRF soon. Having a shared data format like
this will make it easier to share data across labs using different
acquisition systems.

Regards,
David Boas

On 5/26/14, 3:24 AM, Herff, Christian wrote:
> Dear Adnan Shah,
>
> we recently published an article in Frontiers in Neuroscience on memory workload
> using the n-back task and shared the dataset with the community.
> You can find the article here:
> http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fnhum.2013.00935/abstract
> The dataset is available for download here:
> http://csl.anthropomatik.kit.edu/english/2506.php
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Christian Herff
>
>> Adnan SHAH <adnan.shah at gmail.com> hat am 24. Mai 2014 um 04:27 geschrieben:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Could someone share fNIRS datasets from established study for signal
>> processing and method development: testing and validation. I have an fNIRS
>> dataset however, I need some more for validation.
>>
>> Thanks/regards
>> --
>> Adnan Shah
>> PhD Student
>> The Australian National University,
>> Tower A, 7 London Circuit,
>> Canberra City, 2601
>> Australia
>>

>> The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is
>> addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail
>> contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
>> at
>> http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
>> error
>> properly
>> dispose of the e-mail.
> Dipl.-Inform. Christian Herff
> Research Assistant / PhD Student
>
> Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
> Institut für Anthropomatik und Robotik
> Cognitive Systems Lab (CSL)
> Adenauerring 4 (50.21)
> 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
> phone: +49 721 608-46307
> fax:   +49 721 608-46116
> web:   csl.anthropomatik.kit.edu
>
> KIT - University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and
> National Laboratory of the Helmholtz Association

fNIRS 2014 Conference in Montreal Oct 10-12, 2014
The conference is preceded by a one day educational workshop.
Abstract Deadline June 16, 2014
see http://fnirs2014.org for more details