[Homer-users] some questions about Homer2

Chen Zhao chenzhao510 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 07:08:49 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm a new Homer2 user, now I'm using real fNIRS data to explore Homer2.
However, I met some problems while processing the data, which I could not
find answer from the manual or the training video.

My problems are as follows:

1.       There are three conditions in the data file, let's define them '1',
'2', and '3', each condition lasts 30 seconds, and the whole data file is
about 900 seconds, with the circulation of the three conditions - '1, 2, 3,
1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3. '. My question is with Homer2 how can I use the last 15
seconds of condition 3 as the baseline for condition 2?

2.       As the data file doesn't have any marker in it, I need to add the
markers manually, I wonder whether there is a way to set markers for all the
files at one time? I tried to set one file, and copy the 's' variable (in
.nirs data) to another file, but the change cannot be saved. Have I done
anything wrong about this?

3.       Is it possible to plot three conditions in one figure with Homer2?
I noticed that the plot probe function can only plot one condition each
time.

I appreciate for your kind help!

Many thanks and best regards,

Chen