[Homer-users] Having trouble for loading .nirs file, Please Help.

张仲鹏 sithlord at aliyun.com
Sat Aug 15 07:47:14 EDT 2015

I try to use homer2_UI with the sampleData files which are provided in http://homer-fnirs.org/documentation/. But when I select the dataset path, a “Errors Found” message will show up and the contents would be “Error:SD has invalid SpatiaUnit;” I can responded it by hit “OK” then it will lead to a fix menu.and fix need spatial units define, “cm” or “mm”. I tested whether I choose “cm” or “mm”, Homer2_UI will initiated but with no input at all. I currently use MacOS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and run HOMER2 by Matlab 2014b. What should I do to fix this?  In command window of Matlab it will show warning as follows:
Warning: The encoding 'GB2312' is not supported.
See the documentation for FOPEN.
> In parseProcessOpt at 7
  In EasyNIRS_ProcessOpt_Init at 71
  In EasyNIRS>EasyNIRS_OpeningFcn at 155
  In gui_mainfcn at 220
  In EasyNIRS at 43
  In Homer2_UI at 3
Undefined function 'not' for input arguments of type 'matlab.graphics.axis.Axes'.

Error in EasyNIRS_DisplayData (line 12)
if ~displayAxes

Error in EasyNIRS>EasyNIRS_OpeningFcn (line 176)
EasyNIRS_DisplayData();

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 220)
    feval(gui_State.gui_OpeningFcn, gui_hFigure, [], guidata(gui_hFigure), varargin{:});

Error in EasyNIRS (line 43)
    gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error in Homer2_UI (line 3)
EasyNIRS();

Undefined function 'not' for input arguments of type 'matlab.graphics.axis.Axes'.

Error in EasyNIRS_DisplayData (line 12)
if ~displayAxes

Error in EasyNIRS>axesPlot_ButtonDownFcn (line 446)
EasyNIRS_DisplayData();

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)
        feval(varargin{:});

Error in EasyNIRS (line 43)
    gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error in @(hObject,eventdata)EasyNIRS('axesPlot_ButtonDownFcn',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))

Error while evaluating Axes ButtonDownFcn

Undefined function 'not' for input arguments of type 'matlab.graphics.axis.Axes'.

Error in EasyNIRS_DisplayData (line 12)
if ~displayAxes

Error in EasyNIRS_AxesSDG_buttondown (line 72)
EasyNIRS_DisplayData();

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 95)
        feval(varargin{:});

Error in EasyNIRS (line 43)
    gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error while evaluating DestroyedObject ButtonDownFcn