[Homer-users] PCA Filter in HOMER2

Chen Zhao chenzhao510 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:07:53 EST 2015

Hi all,

I'm currently using Homer2 to analyse the adult NIRS data. I've got a
question regarding to 'PCA_Filter' in pre-processing.

I've checked Homer-users mailing history, understand that PCA is used for
reducing artefacts especially motion artefacts from the data. However it
hasn't mentioned how does PCA_Filter works, does it just reduce the
dimension and remove the highest eigen value principle component(s) to the
data (depends on the set value), or does it also do the whitening on the
data?

Your answer is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Jessie