[Homer-users] Error invalid data matrix (d) - (Hitachi)

Perdue, Katherine Katherine.Perdue at childrens.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 22 11:09:52 EST 2015

Hi Marina,

If you load the .nirs file into matlab by itself without Homer using:

load(‘yourFileName.nirs', '-mat')

you will see in the workspace that there should be a variable called “d”. It should say that d is a variable something like “M x N double”, where M is the number of time points (should match the “t” variable) and N is the number of channels x 2 (should match the first dimension of the “ml” variable). For the Hitachi system the output is also between 0 and 5. That means that if you type something like:

min(d(:))

it should say something like:

ans =

   1.0000e-03

and to check the max you can do

max(d(:))

and it should say something like:

ans =

    4.9998

If all of those things seem fine someone will probably have to take a look at your file (you can email me directly).

best,
Katherine

Katherine Perdue, PhD
Research Fellow in Pediatrics