[Homer-users] Spatial smoothing in Homer2 and issues related to prune channel function

Harleen Chhabra harleenchhbr1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 03:01:12 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I am using CW NIRX Scout for my fNIRS data acquisition and i am trying to
analyse my data with Homer2. I am still getting familiarized with the
software and so have two very basic questions:

1. Does Homer2 allows for spatial smoothing of the data? If yes, then if
anyone can help me figure out the function in the processing stream?

2. When i try using the "prune channel" function with default values, all
the channels are excluded from analysis. During data acquisition it is made
sure that the gain is below 8 and the CV is below 15% for all the channels.
Also the channels are checked for SNR before starting the acquisition. I am
not sure as to where i am going wrong. If anyone can help me figure this
out.
Thank you.

Harleen Chhabra,
PhD scholar,
Department of Psychiatry,
National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS),
India.