[Homer-users] (no subject)

Harry Graber harrylgraber at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:38:01 EDT 2015

I have just followed the link in your May 23 e-mail, acquired the most
recent version of homer2 (posted on April 2), and followed your directions
about adding the homer folder to my MATLAB (R2012A, 64-bit, for Windows)
search path.

      When I entered 'EasyNIRS' at a MATLAB command prompt,I was asked to
load a process options file:
[image: Inline image 2]
There was no explanation of what a process options file is, where I might
find one, why homer2 needs me to find one for it, etc. So be it; I used
Windows Explorer to search for files with the .cfg extension in the homer2
folder and its sub-folders. And found one called 'processOpt_default.cfg',
in the ...\PACKAGES\EasyNIRS\Processing folder. (Since this file is the
*default*, can't the navigator window open in that location instead of in
the homer2 root folder?) And then homer2 died, and I saw the following
error messages in the MATLAB command window:

Error using parseProcessOpt (line 86)
Error: Unexpected MATLAB operator.

Error in EasyNIRS_ProcessOpt_Init (line 71)
        [procInput err1] = parseProcessOpt(fid,hmr);

Error in EasyNIRS>EasyNIRS_OpeningFcn (line 155)
EasyNIRS_ProcessOpt_Init();

Error in gui_mainfcn (line 221)
    feval(gui_State.gui_OpeningFcn, gui_hFigure, [], guidata(gui_hFigure),
varargin{:});

Error in EasyNIRS (line 43)
    gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

      Next I tried entering 'Homer2_UI' at the command prompt, which is how
I remembered launching previous versions. The navigator window asking me to
load a process options file opened again, and again I attempted to load
processOpt_default.cfg. The program terminated again, with the same error
messages. (Perhaps the moral is I shouldn't be using that file, but it's
the only *.cfg I have.)

Harry