[Homer-users] Question on hmrMotionCorrectWavelet.

Takayuki Nozawa nozawa at idac.tohoku.ac.jp
Fri Mar 20 06:39:46 EDT 2015

Dear Homer2 experts,

Thank you for sharing the great toolbox.
I have a question about the Wavelet motion correction function,
hmrMotionCorrectWavelet.m and WaveletAnalysis.m.

Comparing the code with the original paper
Molavi et al.,Physiol Meas, 33, 259-270 (2012),
I deduced that the interquartile multi factor iqr would basically
correspond to the outlier threshold alpha in Molavi2012 by
2 * (1 - pnorm(0.75*iqr)) = alpha,
with pnorm(q) being the normal cumulative distribution function.
Am i correct on this?

Confirmation or correction would be much appreciated!

Best,
Taka

--
Takayuki Nozawa
Assistant Professor, Smart Ageing International Research Center
nozawa at idac.tohoku.ac.jp