[Homer-users] Preprocessing starting with Oxygenation

Yucel, Meryem A. MYUCEL at mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 28 18:01:44 EDT 2017

Hi Alex, Adam,

I am also not sure if it actually makes a difference mathematically. On the other hand, most homer functions use optical density such as motion correction algorithms (or pruning uses raw signal). So practically it is to your advantage to start with the raw signal if you prefer analyzing your data with HOMER. On a related note, Sahar Jahani is working on a conversion code for Shimadzu data (creating .nirs file, going back from oxy-deoxy to raw signal). We’ll put the instructions to homer website soon.

Meryem