[Homer-users] baseline/ hmrBlockavg

Paulo Pelicioni p.pelicioni at neura.edu.au
Thu Nov 2 03:15:24 EDT 2017

Dear all Homer2 users.

I have a very specific question about the baseline during the block average function:

I have assessed 6 different experimental conditions that each one last about 30s. For each condition, I have collected 30s baseline as well before each of these experimental conditions that I have.
I know that I need to set tmin and tmax in the block average function, to consider this "-" value as the baseline in comparison with the experimental time (eg -30 30).
However, I set my baseline condition not immediately before my experimental condition. For example, the participants had 30s baseline, the instruction of one of the experimental conditions and then, I started recording this condition. If i set my tmin and tmax as -30 30, I do not set my baseline, I set previous 30s that are not my real baseline, and I assume that it would not be my correct baseline.
Do you know any way to use my 30s baselines, that do not necessarily were set prior to each of my 6 experimental conditions? I hope I was clear enough about my protocol.

I appreciate any help.

Kind Regards,

Paulo Henrique Silva Pelicioni
PhD Candidate
Falls, Balance and Injury Research Centre

Neuroscience Research Australia
Margarete Ainsworth Building
Barker Street Randwick Sydney NSW 2031 Australia
M 0433 928 977 T +61 2 9399 1024

[ http://neura.edu.au/ | neura.edu.au  ]

[ https://twitter.com/neuraustralia | Twitter ] | [ https://www.facebook.com/NeuroscienceResearchAustralia | Facebook ] | [ http://www.neura.edu.au/help-research/subscribe | Subscribe ]