[Homer-users] ICA vs. PCA for motion correction

Shannon Burns smburns47 at g.ucla.edu
Fri Nov 3 18:46:17 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I have a question regarding specific motion correction processes - I come
to fNIRS imaging by way of fMRI, where we do a lot more ICA for filtering
motion artifacts than PCA for various reasons. I would like to do ICA with
my NIRS data as well, but noticed that Homer2 only includes PCA (plus
wavelet, spline, and cbsi). Is there an ICA function anyone else has
developed, or is there an fNIRS-specific reason for doing PCA over ICA than
I'm not aware of?

Thank you!

--
Shannon Burns