[Homer-users] GLM Beta

Avijit chowdhury s.haon at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:47:37 EDT 2018

Dear Homer users,

I have a few questions regarding the GLM function in homer. After I run the function and look at my subject Proc.result file, I see that in the beta file there are a total of 4 rows (and two columns - HbO and HbR). This is a bit perplexing as to why there are 4 rows in this level of the file, shouldn’t there be just one row?, i.e., one single beta value for that channel for a specific concentration type? What could be the source of 4 rows of beta values?

Second, if I were to only want the beta value for the channel within the time range of 0-12 secs of stimulus onset, how could I go about calculating it. I ask this because in the GLM function we are required to put in time range for the deconvolution, and the norm is to put [-5s, 15s] as the range. But how do I ensure the beta value only takes into consider timing from 0-12seconds?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Avijit Chowdhury
PhD student, NUS