[Homer-users] HRF

Patrick Neary Patrick.Neary at uregina.ca
Wed Feb 7 16:32:41 EST 2018

Hi Yogev,
Good question? I don't  know. Can the data be imported after it has
been 'normalized' to 100%?

cheers
Patrick

J. Patrick Neary, PhD
Professor
Faculty of Kinesiology & Health Studies
Centre for Kinesiology, Room 164.23
University of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan
S4S 0A2
Phone: 306-585-4844
Fax:   306-585-4854
Email: patrick.neary at uregina.ca

“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is
what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine
the significance of the life we lead.” Nelson Mandela

>>> Yogev Koren <yogevk at post.bgu.ac.il> 2/7/2018 2:17 AM >>>
Hey Patrick
Thanks for the answer, it makes perfect sense.
However, I do have two concerns: the first is technical- can I do that
in Homer?
The second is about temporal characteristics of the HRF- when I
normalize as a percent of the task, I loose all time relevant parameters
(e.g. TTP, TTN).

Yogev

Hi Yogev,
Are you talking about NIRS parameters, for example oxy-Hb, deoxy-Hb,
etc?
If so, what we do is normalize to 100%. So if one test is 20 sec and
another test is 25 sec, we re-adjust each to 100%. That means for the 20
sec test each 10% value is at 2 sec; and for the 25 sec test each 10%
valve is at 2.5 sec. Does that make sense?

cheers
Patrick

>>> Yogev Koren <yogevk at post.bgu.ac.il> 2/4/2018 7:17 AM >>>
Hey Everyone
My research data contains time series of unequal length.
e.g. one subject walked 20 meters in 20 seconds, while the second
walked the same 20 meters but faster, lets say in 15 seconds.
Is it possible to normalize the length (in time) in order to calculate
the group HRF?

Thanks
Yogev

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom
it is
e-mail
HelpLine at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you
in error
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly
dispose of the e-mail.