[Homer-users] SD GUI

Jonathan Perry walwynperry at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:56:25 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I am digging into the SD GUI in AtlasViewer and have come across a curious
question.

I have put together a simple montage with 8 sources and 8 detectors.  I
have included Nz, Cz, Iz, Pz, lpa and rpa as the fiducials, and have
followed the instructions from the NeuroPhotonics paper for AtlasViewer.
In the 2D layout the structure appears to be correct

I am then slightly confused how the springs should be used.  I have used
the fiducials as spring connections, but seeing that the connection is
likely not tangent to the head, I shortened the springs by using other
points (separations of 30mm) instead of the fiducials.

I have noticed two things:

1. If I use no springs, the points are all registered properly on the head.
- However many extra points are also registered on the head
- Are these the "dummy optodes", if so why are they automatically
registered without my consent?

2. If I do use springs, inevitably my montage becomes significantly skewed
and does not register on the atlas properly.
- The fiducials are all registered correctly, but all sources and detectors
are clumped near either the Nz or Iz points.
- The springs I have used have varied from connecting fiducials to nearest
points, or simply connecting a handful of sources to nearby detectors.

Does anyone have experience working with the SD GUI who could provide
insight on this?

Sincerely,

Jonathan Perry

Master's Student

Department of Engineering Technology

University of Houston

 4734 Calhoun Rd., Room# 123

Houston, TX 77204-4021

Tel: ( <%28713%29%20743-4159>512)925-4910 <(512)%20925-4910>