[Homer-users] AtlasViewer - Probe fabrication error problems

Hithersay, Rosalyn r.hithersay at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 4 07:36:16 EDT 2018

Hi Homer users,

I’ve been trying to use the probe fabrication error tool in AtlasViewer, but I’m having problems with alignment to my original SD file. I’m using Homer2 V2_3 with Matlab R2016a.

I have 16 sources and 16 detectors, arranged into 44 channels: 42 at 30mm separation and 2 at 10mm.

When AtlasViewer tries to calculate the probe fabrication error from the group’s digpts files, it doesn’t show the position for the detectors included in the short separation channels (even though the digpts file for each individual has all 44 channels correctly displayed). For the original SD positions, it then matches the number, giving positions for only 14 detectors, but these are just the first 14 and the last two are missing, rather than the two that form the short separation channels. This then means most of the measurements for the detectors are comparing positions for different optodes, making the geometric errors look huge.

Is there a way to get this tool to include all sources and detectors? I’d thought about making a separate SD file without the short separations just to use for this, but the detectors in the short seps are also linked to other channels and are acting as the anchor points, so can’t be removed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ros