[Mne_analysis] Comparing conditions

Yury Petrov y.petrov at neu.edu
Thu Oct 2 13:20:03 EDT 2008

Daniel, first of all, thanks for the great MNE review. Some typos that
I noticed:
page 30: remove Gaussian source distributions
page 33: theorm -> theorem

I find the MNE derivation based on Bayesian max-likelihood method
(e.g. in the Inverse Problem Theory book below) both simpler and more
satisfactory. In particular, it makes the nature of the MNE
assumptions much more explicit.
http://www.ipgp.jussieu.fr/~tarantola/Files/Professional/Books/index.html

I don't see what's 'not cool' with subtracting dSPMs for two
conditions. dSPM is, essentially, a singnal-to-noise ratio. Assuming
that your noise was the same in both conditions (i.e. the same noise
covariance matrix) we just subtract signals, right?