[Mne_analysis] Large mean voltages in BEM EEG forward model.

Yury Petrov y.petrov at neu.edu
Tue Sep 30 17:21:15 EDT 2008

As Matti said, the average reference only matters when you compute the
inverse. The forward solution is computed for each hypothetical dipole
assuming, for example, that the dipole potential at infinity is 0
(which is the usual choice of the potential reference in
electrostatics). The forward solution has nothing to do with the
actual measurement, except for the positions of the electrodes on the
scalp.