[Mne_analysis] how do I use fwd.sol.data matrix?

Erik B Beall ebeall at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 14:17:32 EDT 2009

Hi, I'm a newbie and have had some trouble finding the timecourse of a
"source" location using MNE and the manual.  I realize a source has a
location in time and space, but I want to use the source matrix and
apply to all timepoints and try to "listen" to that same location
identified by the source.
I have some 306 channel, 1kHz MEG data of a visual checkerboard
stimulus, and run a DSPM min norm using MNE and FreeSurfer, where each
start of checkerboard (200 msec long display) is marked by a trigger
point (every 8 sec).  The significant locations of the min norm show
up really nicely along the calcarine fissure and then along the
occipito-parietal fissure (midline) a little later in time.  So far so
good, but when I read in the forward solution from the fwd.fif file
created, it shows that I have 2 source spaces, and 8194 source space
points.  I do not understand how to use this size matrix, how can I
apply the forward solution matrix to the 306 channel raw data to
obtain the effective timecourse of the source?  Am I misunderstanding
the applicability of the forward solution matrix?  Thanks,
Erik

--
Erik Beall
Cleveland Clinic